How did you meet your (now) husband? When I was living on the Gold Coast we came in contact with each other through mutual friends
How long have you been together? 5 ½ years
Do you have a proposal story? We were living in Singapore at the time and came home to the Gold Coast for Christmas with our families. When we both lived on the Gold Coast we used to love getting fish and chips and eating it on Burleigh hill watching over the ocean. We hadn’t been there for 3 years since living Overseas and on Christmas Day we went back there for a picnic.
What was your wedding date? 25th October 2014
Location (Ceremony and Reception)
2. What made you choose there? We were living in Singapore at the time and had many holidays to Bali, we wanted all our family and friends to experience how beautiful Bali really is and what we had been enjoying. We wanted a big holiday with all our closest family and friends as we were living abroad and missed everyone.
3. How did you find it? During one of our holidays we did some inspections of different places and Pandawa Cliff Estate felt just so right and was perfect. My dream was to be married in a chapel overlooking the ocean and Tirtha was absolutely perfect. Words can’t describe how amazing it was……the entire day was absolutely perfect. The whole day was breathtakingly beautiful. I felt an overwhelming happiness all day. Our main aim for the day was to provide our guests with a wow factor for the location and something they had never experienced before. I think we achieved that.
How was the weather on the day? It was sunny and very hot…typical Bali weather
What made you decide to get married on this particular date? Perfect time of year in Bali
The Wedding Details
Theme (if any – colours, features, etc.)? Fusion or natural, rustic, chic
Where did you draw your inspiration/ideas from? Things I love
Were any aspects of your wedding D.I.Y? If so What? Designed the entire theme/décor from invitations to the floating candle initials
1. Bridesmaids – who/relationship? Bride’s 2 sisters, my cousin and best friend
2. Groomsmen – who/relationship? Groom’s Brother and mates
3. Flower girls/Page boys – who/relationship? Niece and Nephew
Wedding Gown (the most important part!)
What made you decide to come into Karen Willis Holmes? I was home on holidays from Singapore and after looking around for months in Singapore and not finding anything I liked I decided to go into Karen Willis Holmes as I always drove past it.
How many gowns did you try? Over 8 gowns in KWH
Where did you purchase your gown from (which store or stockist)? Paddington in Brisbane
What did you especially like about your gown? The material fell beautifully and I could have 2 looks in one dress. A different style dress for ceremony and reception.
Who is your bridesmaid dress supplier? Zimmerman
Where did you get the groom and groomsmen’s suits? They were all tailor made from Thailand (A company we had come across as we were holidaying in Thailand from Singapore)
What accessories did you choose to finish your gown and also for those in your bridal party? Earrings and matching bracelet from KWH
Where did you get your shoes from? Nine West
Did you wear a veil/headpiece? Where did you get this from? Yes, a cathedral length veil from KWH
What advice would you give brides organizing their wedding? Enjoy it, it really is such a fun and exciting time, everything will be perfect on the day.
What advice would you give brides searching for their wedding gown? Take your mum and sisters gown shopping as they will be honest with you!
Something Old? This was a very special surprise from my Groom on my wedding morning. When my very special grandma passed away she left me her opal collection. My husband to be made contact with my mum to get these opals. From the collection he chose a white opal and took it to a jeweler, designed a setting for it and got it made into a beautiful ring with a diamond halo framing the white opal. It was such a special and meaningful gift.
Something New? Gown, shoes and jewellery
Photographer – Veli Photography Bali
Videographer – Point One Designs
Music – D’Coustic and acoustic Band who played at the cocktails and canapes then a DJ who begun at the after Dinner
First Dance – This was the best first dance song “And we Danced” by the Hooters……it was so fun, the beginning was slow which lead into a breakout where all our guests joined us, having a fabulous time
Menu – Bali Catering – The food was delicious, fresh seafood, tropical ingredients and a fusion between Traditional Balinese Cuisine and Western cuisine. We had a Desert Buffet, which was great for ongoing sweet treats throughout the night.
Traditional Balinese Fire Dancers – We had a show of the fire dancers to welcome our guests to some Balinese culture
Hair – Renee Pettit
Make up – Renee Pettit
Extra features – Floating Candle initials in our infinity pool, Desert Buffet, Fire Dancers,
Special Mention to Global Weddings – Highly recommended when planning a destination Wedding. They are based in Melbourne and have a team who live in Bali who we liased with on a daily basis.